Why Choose Environet?
Environet is the UK’s leading specialist in Invasive Plant removal from residential and commercial property. Established in 1996, we have a proven track record in safely and efficiently dealing with Japanese knotweed and other invasive species.
We’re a company that is 100% owned by all its employees; that’s why our whole team is more committed and dedicated to doing a good job for our customers.
Trust us, We Will get the Job Done.
Here are six good reasons why you can feel confident and reassured when choosing Environet to resolve your knotweed problem:
Our friendly, dedicated and highly skilled team of knotweed specialists can act quickly to solve your knotweed problem.
We guarantee all our work. For your ultimate peace of mind our work is underwritten by an "AA- rated" insurer.
We are committed to delivering a removal service that works for you. Over 90% of our customers rate us as ‘Excellent’.
Everything is in place to respond quickly to your needs. Within hours of your instruction we can issue your insurance-backed guarantee.
Our Environmental Awareness
We have developed zero waste-to-landfill solutions that offer eco-friendly ways to remove your Japanese knotweed.
Our PCA Membership
The Property Care Association have approved our policies, procedures and staff. You can trust us to resolve your knotweed problem.
Our vision is simply to be “the best” in the Invasive Plant removal market. That means pin-pointing our customers’ needs and fine-tuning our offerings to build on our reputation as “no.1 dependable knotweed professionals who don’t let their customers down”. Our continued growth and success is thanks to the passion of our highly motivated, knowledgeable and efficient team in delivering solutions with real-value to solve our customers’ knotweed problems.
What we consider important and what our customers should expect from our team:
- We look for hardworking reliable staff with natural ability, a “can-do attitude” and who take great pride in their work.
- Not surprisingly our customers find each member of our team to be helpful, trustworthy, polite, and positive with a natural determination to do what we promise. We gain huge satisfaction earning our customers’ trust and respect by demonstrating our expertise, reliability, honesty, efficiency and value.
- We’re busy professional people at the forefront of perfecting eco-innovative solutions to the knotweed problem. Like all humans we don’t always get it 100% right first time, but you have our promise we’ll do everything we possibly can to deliver the desired result. Other than pay us on time, all we ask is you recommend us to others if you feel we’ve excelled. That is how our business has grown, and how we want it to continue to grow in the future.
- Our customers value the strength of our guarantee and the reassurance the insurance backing an “AA- rated” insurer provides.
- We have an ethos of continuous improvement to eliminate or reduce the risks with detailed working procedures, on-going training and monitoring. All of our staff have health and safety and emergency first aid training. We are also accredited by CHAS and Constructionline.
Environet has produced a number of policies to protect our customers and ensure they always receive a high quality service. Read more about our Code of Conduct, Health and Safety Policy and all our other standards here
In 2008 Environet designed and developed the Xtract™ machine enabling us to remove Japanese knotweed rhizome from infested soil both effectively and economically.
The amount of work related to Japanese knotweed rapidly increased due to tighter lending requirements imposed by the banks and building societies. We decided to make our sole focus the removal of Japanese knotweed, creating a team of national regional managers to assist property professionals and owners of commercial and residential land. To reflect this we changed the company name from Environet Consulting Ltd to Environet UK Ltd.
In 2013 Environet obtained the backing of an insurer at Lloyd's to underwrite our insurance backed guarantees when removing Japanese knotweed. Our success is based on our 'Core Values' combining professional expertise, market leading technology and motivated teams to give our clients the reassurance of the rapid removal of Japanese knotweed.
The business moved to its new Head Office between Guildford and Woking, a 5,000 sq ft warehouse building to accommodate all head office staff, all equipment and our research & development activities.
Mk3 of our patented Xtract™ machine was launched, with enhancements to improve the process rate and manoeuvrability with addition of caterpillar tracks. Xtract™ Mk3 was featured by ITN Productions. With the new machine, it was the year that we carried out our largest project, processing in excess of 3,500 cu m of infested soil.
Environet launched and sponsored the 'Schools Eco-Innovation Awards Scheme' at the Moat School in London, endorsed by Kevin McCloud, MBE.
We bought a parcel of land in Sussex infested with Japanese knotweed to use for our R&D field trials.
Our 21st birthday - incorporated in 1996, nearly up to project number 10,000 and counting.
We bought the freehold to our 6,500 sq ft Head Office/Warehouse between Woking and Guildford.
On 31st July 2020 ownership of the business was transferred into an Employee Owned Trust, all staff being beneficiaries of the Trust.
Our R&D team have worked hard to develop an environmentally friendly way of dealing with Japanese knotweed waste, and we’re proud to announce that our method of converting excavated knotweed into biochar was granted a patent in October 2021. Our method could potentially be used to deal with all the UK’s Japanese knotweed waste and that produced by other invasive plants such as bamboo and Giant Hogweed.
We hope to be converting all our excavated plant waste to biochar by the end of 2022, as part of our pledge to become a carbon neutral business.
We provide several services, free of charge, for example our Japanese knotweed identification service. We invite potential clients to make a small donation to one of our chosen charities: Cancer Research UK, British Heart Foundation The Woodlands Trust, The Archie Lloyd Charitable Foundation and The RNLI.
Further information can be found on our JustGiving Page.
Discount for Registered Charities
Environet offer a 10% discount on the cost of all work to remove Japanese knotweed. We hope this will assist registered charities to achieve their respective goals. For further information in relation to this policy, please contact the Environet team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Neighbour Discount Scheme
If you're happy with the service so far, and know others with a property affected by knotweed, why not tell them about the Environet team and our Neighbour Discount scheme?
If you know there is affected property in your street or an adjoining one, and they tell us you recommended Environet, we'll offer them our Neighbour Discount of 5%. Upon receipt of their instructions and deposit payment, we'll also send to you the value of their discount, up to a maximum of £250 as a little thank you.
- The discount scheme applies to knotweed treatment or removal programmes only, it does not apply to consultancy, surveys, or any expert witness work.
- The 5% discount offered to the referred will be deducted from the agreed contract sum payable to Environet UK Ltd.
- The 5% (up to a maximum of £250) offered to the referrer will be paid by cheque within 30 days of receipt of the referred's instructions and deposit payment.
- We reserve the right to end this promotion at any time without prior notice.