Japanese knotweed removal solutions.
Established in 1996, Environet is the UK's specialist in Japanese knotweed solutions. Our team of Area Managers give Environet the ability to tackle Japanese knotweed nationwide.Contact Us
What is motivating you to resolve your knotweed problem?
- You are planning construction or landscaping work within an area affected by knotweed
- You are worried that Japanese knotweed will cause damage to buildings and landscaped areas
- You are the victim of knotweed encroachment onto your property
- You want to stop knotweed spreading from your property to adjoining land
- You are buying or selling property infested with Japanese knotweed
- You have received a 205 notice or an ASBO from your council regarding the knotweed
- Japanese knotweed identified as a dilapidation at the end of a lease period
What Japanese knotweed solution should you choose?
There are typically two Japanese knotweed solutions for tackling Japanese knotweed: chemical herbicide or physical removal.
Chemical herbicides are relatively low cost but are only suitable where the ground is not going to be disturbed. Killing the entire root system using herbicide is difficult, and can take years. There is a high risk of temporary dormancy being induced, giving the impression that the problem has been resolved, when the rhizome is lying ready to re-emerge.
When the ground is to be disturbed, a physical removal method is required.
Physical Japanese knotweed removal methods
Physical removal of knotweed gives a much more certain result, and can be achieved in a matter of days. The main methods that can be adopted under this strategy are: Dig & Dump, On site burial, Stockpile & treat and Xtract™ or Resi-Dig-Out™. To read in more detail about the different methods available, see our Japanese knotweed removal methods page.
All of our work benefits from an Environet Insurance Backed Guarantee (IBG), underwritten by Syndicate 4444 at Lloyd's.
Get in touch with Environet
If you have a problem with Japanese knotweed then we are here to help.
Give us a call today on 01932 868 700, or complete our contact form and we will be in touch.